Make all assessment informative! The use of formative, often informal, assessment data is the key to success. While there are lots of books on assessment, this is the one that provides “just in time” strategies for classroom use. If you want to
- Check for prior knowledge, misconceptions, progress, and understanding
- Set students up for success
- Provide students with multiple opportunities to demonstrate their learning
- Ensure that your students develop strong self-assessment and goal setting skill sets
- Promote deeper thinking
- Celebrate that you are continuously gathering formative assessment data that you and the students can use to inform both instruction and learning practices
… then, this is the book for you!