This kit provides the tools you need to design and implement a comprehensive mentor training program. When you use this kit, complete with suggested session outlines, learning exercises, and learning tools (including DVDs) for workshop sessions, you are able to replicate the three-day institutes we offer across the country or use the resources to design half-day, one-day, or multiple-day mentoring workshops and follow-up sessions.
The kit includes:
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Facilitator’s Handbook
This handbook includes teaching notes. All participant materials are included in hard copy and on CD-ROM.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Participant’s Manual on CD-ROM and in hard copy.
This participant’s manual is used in Just ASK’s three-day Mentoring in the 21st Century;® Institute. Just ASK consultants also use it in our three-day mentoring workshops. The facilitator’s handbook includes detailed teaching notes for use with the participant’s manual. Copies of the participant’s manual may be ordered from Just ASK or you may create your own by using the CD-ROM of the contents, available only in this kit.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Visuals Tools Cd-ROM
You can use the JPEG and PDF visuals to create color handouts, PowerPoint slides, or additional wall charts for use in your workshops. An extensive PowerPoint presentation is also included.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Poster Pack
This collection of posters is available only in the kit.
- A copy of The 21st Century Mentor’s Handbook
- A copy of Instruction for All Students
- A copy of Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?
- A collection of classroom episodes on DVD
- Collegial Conversations DVD (Exemplary models of coaching conferences)
- What Do You Do When…? and Scavenger Hunt cards for use in your professional development workshops. They provide your mentors with real world scenarios to discuss, and reference strategies explained in the books Why Didn’t I Learn This in College? and Instruction for All Students.